Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Outer Banks - A Girls Trip!

During this past month, two very good friends of mine from St. Louis came out for a visit while we were staying in North Carolina.  We decided to take a girl's trip and stay at a hotel for the weekend in the Outer Banks. (YES! I got some much needed GIRL TIME! WAHOO!) 

We saw this gorgeous field of lovely yellow flowers during our road trip to the coast...



Our hotel was right on the beach. We woke up the first morning to this beautiful sunrise view!




As you may notice, these pictures are spectacular and very high quality!! I cannot take any credit...I am so blessed that my friend Caroline is a professional photographer.  She has such an incredible talent! I am amazed with her ability to capture life's moments so perfectly! Instead of sleeping in, we all woke up early to catch the sunrise on the beach.  I am SO glad we did and I am grateful Caroline captured it with her camera!






A huge wave snuck up behind me... and yes...that water was COLD!




We spent the rest of the day doing a lot of sight seeing.  Alan and the boys drove out later in the day to join us as well. (More on that in the next post!)

Bodie Lighthouse
Katie's birthday was coming up, so we celebrated early with a special dinner at a nice local Japanese restaurant. Caroline convinced us both to try sushi for the first time! Yes- I actually ate it! (I know my family and friends probably just fainted after they read this! They know me and my picky food issues!)


Here I go..

Mmm..interesting texture...

So- it wasn't so bad after all! I didn't even gag or get sick! HA! But- I did decide to stick with my grilled chicken dish for dinner :)


After dinner, Caroline grabbed her camera, and we hurried off to the beach before dark for a photo shoot! Have I mentioned yet how cool it is to have a professional photographer for a friend?!?!? 





We also had to take a picture of our newly painted toes in the sand of course:)



Katie and Caroline, THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to come out to visit me! I am so grateful for wonderful friends like you! Love and miss you ladies!!

Blessings to you and yours,

Jill:)


P.S. If you ever need a very talented photographer and you are in the St. Louis area, look up my friend Caroline with A Better Story Photography! She donates a percentage of every sale to Sparrow Ministries, a ministry that provides assistance to adoptive families!! (She didn't ask for this advertisement on my blog...I just thought I would pass it along:)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures of gorgeous girls! I'm so glad you guys had a good time and got to spend some quality time together:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww..Thanks Sally!!! It was so good to see you last month too! Love you!

      Delete
  2. You are so sweet Jill!! I enjoyed every minute of our trip; we should make it an annual getaway. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete