Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Leaving CT and On to Vermont...

After we left Maine and I returned from my Texas trip to be back with Alan and the boys, we enjoyed a quick visit with my family in CT before heading up north to Vermont. The boys had been there all week and had so much fun. (I will let Alan post on that soon...he did such a good job last time! It is funny how much I learned about what happens when Mom is away! HA!) 

On the day we left CT, I remembered to get some photos of the boys at the frog pond in my Dad's backyard. I loved catching and watching the frogs here when I was a little girl!




Some frogs were little...



Some frogs were HUGE! Joshua caught one of the really big ones in his net! He was SO proud!


Then, after our goodbyes, we headed out on the road again...


Can I just say that Vermont is absolutely beautiful?!??


Alan gets a good laugh as I tell him "OH WOW! Just look at that!" and then I remember...oh yeah...he is busy driving a motorhome, towing a van, following directions from the GPS and keeping his eyes on the road!!!! He is such a patient husband!:)



We ended up staying only one night at a state park here in southern Vermont.  We just had to get our state sticker for our RV map, right?!  I wish we could have visited here longer though! The area was beautiful, and the the weather was SO nice! We actually got pretty chilly that night as we were cooking dinner and hanging out around the campfire.  It was the middle of August...but it was cold enough for some of us to wear our jackets!


Ramen Noodles...It's what's for dinner!!!


The firewood was damp, so it took awhile for the fire to get going...



Along with the campfire, always comes s'mores of course!


We woke up to another beautiful, sunny day full of blue skies...






I saw this cabin along the road as we were driving and it just seemed to fit the picture when I think of Vermont...log cabins by a lake...surrounded by evergreen trees...


and then I saw this small church too...perfect for a picture!


We did stop by a local store and grabbed some authentic Vermont maple syrup to enjoy with our next pancake breakfast...yummy!

Our next stop was upstate New York...to visit Niagara Falls!

Blessings to you and yours,

Jill and the boys:)


No comments:

Post a Comment