Monday, August 19, 2013

Detours on the Road and in Life...

I haven't written on the blog lately because we had some unexpected detours the past couple of weeks.  Everyone is OK now, and I am trying to catch up on the blog...again! HA!  I feel like I have been trying to catch up on the blog for months now, but it seems like I am consistently several weeks behind in posts! I was getting caught up when I got a call from my sister that my Mom (in Texas) broke her arm and sprained her ankle.  She needed emergency surgery to repair her arm the next day.  We were all the way in Maine at the time, and my sister lives in California.   Well- we decided I would go ahead and fly out to Texas as soon as possible - I found a good deal on a flight the next morning at 5:30a.m.! YAY!  My sister came out to join me in Texas the next day.  We helped take care of my Mom and ended up having a nice visit... just us girls:) I am grateful to report that my Mom is recovering remarkably well! We are so thankful to God for His healing!

So- during my week in Texas, Alan actually drove back down to CT and stayed with my family there until I flew back.  The boys were thrilled to see their Grandpa and cousins again!!  I have to say I am so grateful for a husband who is willing to do whatever it takes to help family. He and the boys got up at 3 a.m. to take me to the airport.  He also packed up the RV, loaded the van, and then traveled down to CT from Maine (without me to help).  It was not easy, but he did it, and he did it without any complaints.  He did let me know how glad he was when I came back from Texas though!!:)

Looking back, I am so amazed how God worked out all of the details.  I am grateful that we had a flexible schedule so that I could be there with my Mom. I am grateful that I had the chance to visit with my sister and Mom, especially because I had already been missing them so much.  I am grateful that Alan could be somewhere with family in case he needed help while I was away.  I am grateful that we got another great visit in with my family in CT too.  Most of all, I am grateful that my Mom is doing so much better than we expected. Thank you to friends and family who prayed for my Mom and for us, especially the past few weeks!! We sure appreciate it!

So- now to catch you up on where we are....my last post was from PA.  After we left PA, we headed to CT to visit family, then to Massachusetts, and then Maine.  As I mentioned, Alan & the boys then headed back south to CT while I was in Texas.  After I flew back, we headed to Vermont, New York State (Niagara Falls), and now we are currently in Ohio!  I figured out that in ten days, I have actually been in TEN different states!!  I started out in Maine, then Massachusetts (flew out of Boston to Texas), my plane stopped in Baltimore, Maryland then flew into Texas. I flew out from Texas and stopped in Kansas & Wisconsin before arriving in Boston again. Then on to CT, Vermont, New York and Ohio! Whew:)

Unless there are any unexpected detours coming, I will be posting photos and updates on the blog soon!

Thanks again for your prayers and support:)

Blessings to you and yours,

Jill and the boys:)

No comments:

Post a Comment