Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Tallest Roller Coaster In the World?!?! Check!

While we were staying in PA, we took two trips into New Jersey to visit the Six Flags park there.  Last fall, we bought our 2013 season passes back in St. Louis, which are good at any of the Six Flags parks.  So far we have been to a total of 6 Six Flags parks! Funny! (St. Louis, Arlington, San Antonio, Maryland, New Jersey and New England)

We were especially excited to visit this park in New Jersey because it has the tallest roller coaster in the world...the Kingda Ka!!!! The train accelerates to 128 miles per hour in 3.5 seconds! At the end of the track, the train reaches to a height of 456 feet!!! YIKES!

Yes...this roller coaster was on Alan's "list"! And- can you believe that my 10 year old son wanted to ride it too??? Well...they did it and they had a BLAST! (Alan took this picture after they survived the ride!)


After Alan and Micah accomplished this mighty and daring adventure, I actually considered going on the Kingda Ka too.  I had finally talked myself into it, and was heading to the ride, when it shut down for the rest of the day! Oh well! It was then that Alan decided to tell me that he saw an interesting sign posted by the ride.  It mentioned that sometimes the train does not make it all the way up and over the hill, but don't be alarmed...it will just come back down, reset and then launch again. Ummm...yeah...I am kind of glad I didn't ride it after all:)

Blessings to you and yours,

Jill and the boys:)



1 comment:

  1. Oh you totally should have done it earlier! My kids and I the similar coaster, Top Thrill Dragster, at Cedar Point in Ohio. It was amazing! The funniest part, when we got through my son had bugs plastered to his face like the front grill of your car. Yep! That's impressive stuff.

    ReplyDelete